Top Ten Tips for New Book Bloggers
1. Join Twitter. Twitter is a great resource to communicate with other bloggers, authors, and publishers and a good way to share your blog and get more views.
2. Don't expect that you will get free books all the time. People who get ARCs and free books often are often established bloggers who do not blog just for the sake of free books. If you are only blogging for free books, you are going to be pretty disappointed, because most people don't get things like that until they have had a strong, established blog for at least six months.
3. Don't attack a book or author in a review or any other form of post. Attacking a books is disrespectful and very unprofessional. Examples of attacking a book or author is calling either one an inappropriate name, accusing the author of something, or saying nothing but mean things about either.
4. Be yourself! Feel free to express your self, your blog is yours! There are no rules to what you can post, how you can post it, or how your blog has to look.
5. Don't clutter. No one likes a blog with forty different widgets on the side that are worthless to the reader's experience. Keep only necessary ones.
6. Don't use free blog backgrounds and headers from free sites. Free backgrounds and headers are available to everyone, and there is more than likely someone with the same background. It is fairly easy to create a simple background with image editing sites and programs.
7. Post consistently. At first you may only be able to post a few times a week, but do post often. Only posting once every few weeks seems like you are not committed, and people are more likely to read what you have to say when you post often.
8. Comment on other people's blogs. This is a great way to get your name out there, as well as a way to make new friends.
9. Don't be afraid! Blogging can be really scary at first, but it can be really fun and easy when you are willing to give it a try.
10. Ask questions! If you have a question, ask twitter, ask other bloggers that you look up too, ask me.
If you are a new blogger and you have any questions, feel free to ask me on twitter (@Erikablogger) or in the comments if you want.