Thursday, December 27, 2012

Review: Deity

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Publication Date: November 6th 2012
Pages: 330
Source: Library
Genre: Paranormal, Romance
Goodreads

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

If you have not read the first book in this series, seriously, WHAT?!? WHY ARE YOU ON THE INTERNET?!? Please, go to the library, bookstore, I don't care! READ IT NOW. It took me way to long to plunge into this magnificent series, and now I really do not have the words to describe how much I loved these books. Jennifer Armentrount has a way with characters that makes you keep them in your heart at all times. I cannot figure out how she does it, but ever single person she stuffs into those pages turn into real people in your mind and heart. I don't think there will be a day in my life that I will not remember the story of Alex, the Half-Blood.

Deity is the third book in the Covenant series. This story picks up were Pure left off. Alex and Seth are back at the Covenant after the attacks that happened when they were away. So many things have changed since then, and no one knows what is happening anymore. Alex has to try and figure out what is going on without getting in more trouble, and on top of that it looks like someone is trying to kill her. I really don't think this book could have been much more perfect.

My absolute favorite thing that occurred in this book was the relationship building. As you know if you have read the other books in the series, there is A LOT of confusion over what is going on  between Alex and Aidan. In this book it finally gets figured out. I could fan girl about this topic all day long but I would give up WAAAY to much. Lets just say... I loved it. way. way. way too much.

In the past books I really didn't know what to think of Seth, I really just thought he was kind of pushy. In this book I really got to have an opinion about him, and lets just say it's not good. Nope. Not at ALL. 

The ending. Um. GRR! The ending just leaves you with NOTHING. And now I'm really really worried that all the good that was gained will just be gone in the next book. I'm REALLY worried. *Bites Nails*


2 comments:

  1. Mmk, so I haven't read the first book yet of this series. It's just that... my library doesn't have it and I haven't been able to find a copy of this. I really do need to pick it up though, after reading all this gushing that you did! It'll happen soon, hopefully. ;)

    Fabulous review Erika! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boo. Everybody is saying that this book is awesome. Then again people were saying the same thing about the first one, and I wasn't really feeling that.

    I feel like I'm missing out. AND I HATES THAT. I think I'll snatch up the second book when I have a free moment.

    ReplyDelete