Friday, October 11, 2013

The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: October 29th 2013
Pages: 304
Source: Ebook for Review
Goodreads

In the real world, when you vanish into thin air for a week, people tend to notice.

After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as "normal" as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for-his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he's forbidden to see her again.

But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, "normal" simply isn't to be. For Ethan's nephew, Keirran, is missing, and may be on the verge of doing something unthinkable in the name of saving his own love. Something that will fracture the human and faery worlds forever, and give rise to the dangerous fey known as the Forgotten. As Ethan's and Keirran's fates entwine and Keirran slips further into darkness, Ethan's next choice may decide the fate of them all.

The Iron Fey books are a series I've kept close to my heart since I first got my hands on a copy when I first started blogging. Since the newest continuation of the books have come out, I have been very fortunate to get to read the books in the Call of the Forgotten series. Though I don't quite like this series as much as I enjoy the original, I still really enjoy it.

Some of my favorite parts in these books are the return of old characters. It's so interesting to get to see Meghan and Ash through new eyes, and to see just how different they seem from Ethan's perspective. They seem like such different people, and instead of loving them as much as I did before, they become characters that are kind of scary in some ways. They don't seem very human anymore. I wish there was a little more of them in this book, but at the same time I like how it's very well defined that this isn't Meghan and Ash's story, this is Ethan's. Robin does pop up a few times however, and he is just the same as ever.

I really wish more had happened in this book. It felt like so little got done in this book compared to the previous book. I'm not really sure what the characters are going to be working to achieve in the next book, because not thing was really figured out in The Iron Traitor. I want there to be a more definite goal, and that just isn't happening yet which is kind of annoying.

I felt like this series isn't really giving females enough credit. There are two major female characters in this series, and every time the group gets into some kind of fight the boys jump in front of them or tell them to hide. I really want one of them to step up for a change.

Reading this book made me realize how much I miss the Iron Fey Series! I think I might need to reread it at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment