Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Review: The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Pages: 358
Copy Type: Paperback
Copy Received by: Borrowed from Library
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Teaser from Goodreads

The New York Times Bestseller
My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.

Review
Spoiler Free

This is the kind of review that I hate to right, because writing the review makes it sink in that the book is really over. This book is intense and enjoyable in every way. You begin the book really not sure what is going to end up happening, but as this series has proven to me, you can never really predict what will happen to the Fey.

You really get a different side of the characters Puck and Ash after the ending of Iron Daughter has changed the whole story, and of course they are whisked off to another adventure involving Iron Fey.

The ending left me on the verge of tears, and it takes a special book to do that to me. I could never have guessed that I would end up sad at the end of that book, it was breathtaking in every sense and I am now extremely impatient waiting for the Iron Knight to come out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment