Friday, November 4, 2011

Things I Hate to See on Book Covers

We all have some book covers that just completely irritate us and those covers may make us choose to not read that book. Here's a few of my book cover pet peeves.

1) Strange or obnoxious focal points.

This one might just be me, but if a cover is overly strange I really don't want to read the book.

2) Covers with the same picture as another book.

This picture double bugs me especially because I like the series of the first book, and even theh face is cut at the same point with a dark background.

3) Covers that look like they have two pictures pasted together.

Again, this might also just be me, but I really don't like when they put two pictures together like that.

4) Models with with strange expressions.

I know some people agree with this if not most people, because really? I don't want to see a picture on a cover that you spent five minutes shooting for.

5) Bodies Without Heads
Books with headless people bug me a lot because I think a lot of readers go off of cover art for character faces and if they leave us with a person it makes it difficult if there is no head.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes headless people can be cute and quirky (I actually kind of like the Queen of Kentucky one) and other times it can super obnoxious (like with Angel Fire you're just left staring at her chest -- awkward!).

    ReplyDelete