Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review: Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: September 1st 2010
Pages: 335
Source: Library
Genre: Paranormal, Romance
Goodreads

Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.
Paranormalcy is the cute, fun, and exciting story of Evie, a girl who can see though paranormal glamors and catch the bad ones before they hurt anybody. When I first picked up this book I didn't quite know what to expect though I had heard some amazing things about this book, and believe me when I say they are very true.

Evie is a very strong main character who is very isolated from the real world most teenagers know. Evie is a hilarious girl with an amazing sense of style and all she wants is some freedom into the real world. I really love Evie's character because, even when things become difficult she seems to always stay strong and I would just love to meet someone like her. Lend, another character in the story is a paranormal that Evie has never encountered before with the strange ability to mimic the form of any human he wishes. After capturing Lend Evie slowly becomes friends with Lend as Evie comes to terms with her isolation. The story is very well written with very good detail and humor. I really enjoyed the story and the plot which was very well done.

Overall the story was very well done with good writing and character development. I very much look forward to reading the other books in the series to continue Evie's story. 

3 comments:

  1. I bleeping love this book! :D Evie is one of the best main characters ever, in my opinion. I'm glad you enjoyed this!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO glad that you finally read this one, and that you ended up loving it! There were several times throughout the book where I just had to set my copy of the book down and laugh. Just too funny!! And I totally agree about Evie, she's definitely a person I would love to meet in person. Lovely review, Erika! <3 I'm looking forward to what you think of the next one!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this book for so long! It sounds really cool, and I've had it sitting on my shelves for months, but I just haven't found the time to read it )= I'm sooo glad you enjoyed it, though! Great review!

    Debz @ Debz Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete