Monday, June 25, 2012

Review: Supernaturally

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: July 26th 2011
Pages: 336
Source: Library
Genre: Paranormal, Romance
Goodreads

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.
This review may spoil the first book in the series. My Review of the First Book.

This sequel continues telling the story after it left off with Evie finally having a the normal life that she wanted and her relization that maybe normal life is not all it's cracked up to be. After learning this she decides to work with the IPCA again as an employee by helping as she wants.

I love, love, love the narration in this book. Just like in the last book in the series the narrator, Evie, has the best narration and I just love her to pieces. Lend, a shape-sifter, and Evie's boyfriend makes not-so-frequent appearances in the book and I really would have liked to see more of him after seeing a lot of him in the first book. There were some relationship problems between Evie and Lend, all of them about trusting each other with information and keeping secrets. That kind of bugged me because all of the things that Evie was keeping from Lend were things that really didn't seem like a very big deal and I really wish that Evie would have spared all of the relationship drama and just told Lend things that were impotent to keeping their relationship going. A new character that pops up in this book is Jack, a human that can use the faerie paths. When he is first introduced in the story I thought he was so, so funny. Jack is both very spazzy, annoying, and causes a lot of trouble for Evie. Like the last book I loved the writing and the plot, both were very, very well done.

I really likes Supernaturally and all of the characters. Highly recommended series.

2 comments:

  1. I hated that Lend wasn't in this one as much. I hated even more that they had to have the typical "sequel" problems, what with the arguing and stale relationship and whatnot. Can't the couple ever just be happy in the second book?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've read much about this series but I really liked reading about how much you like Evie and that makes me want to read the first book and get to know her! Great review!

    ReplyDelete