Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Review: The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Pages: 359
Type of Copy: Paperback
Received by: Borrowed from Library
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Teaser from Goodreads 

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.



First Reaction:

I much prefer the first book's cover to this one, though I do find it very nice. I read, loved and reviewed the fist book, which ended making me want more. I read the beginning and knew without a doubt that I would be reading the entire series.

Review

The good:  

I like these books because of their originality. To me they are a mix of romance meets Alice in Wonderland, and that is also true with this book.

In the Iron Daughter there is a (SPOILER ALERT) love triangle between Meghan, Puck and Ash. Julie Kagawa did a good job explaining Meghan's mixed and confused feelings for both of the boys and made me look at each character with a different light.

The characters reactions to some situations seemed very human and realistic. 

This entire series so far has had strikingly well written detail and believable characters that I can't help but wish were real.  

The Bad:

Some of the emotions that were described that Megan had for particular circumstances seemed unrealistic or exaggerated.

The ending seemed to be like an ending to a series, not a book. If I had not been aware that this was the last book I may have thought it was the end of the series. 


The Conclusion:
I loved the book in general, recommended.
 
 If you have been paying attention to my reviews you may have noticed that my reviews have been having varying layouts, I am testing various ways to review. If you like one form of a review, please let me know. 
Please help my reviews become better and comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment